Pages

Monday 5 September 2011

What is true health? What the NHS & Department of Health should know

Recently I have been going through some physical ailments like getting injuries to my leg, getting a throat infection, getting redness and itchiness all over my body due to a reaction to some insect bite or nettle sting. However, in spite of it all, I am in perfect health emotionally, I am extremely happy, I am enjoying the experience and I have not lost my values. Emotional health is a choice, physical health is often not.

The National Health Service of the UK, and the Department of Health should understand that getting people to become more emotionally stronger will help reduce the strain and burden on NHS staff. Usually when people are ill they become irritable, angry, depressed or irresponsible, they want sympathy and want to feel they are the center of the world and thus should not have to wait to be seen by a doctor or a nurse. Often patients lose their patience, which makes doctors and nurses take on a lot of stress and makes working everything but a joy.

A society is drained and becomes poor not because of the physical sickness of its people, but because of mental sickness which is so often ignored by the world of scientists, doctors and nurses.

I thereby must announce that I shall be starting a programme for the NHS and Department of Health to firstly train the directors and NHS staff in emotional health, so that they can better handle the stress of their jobs and then eventually this programme can be rolled down to the patient level. Often patients are just waiting in a waiting room being unproductive, when this down-time could be utilized to improve their mental health and emotional fitness and caliber. To increase the levels of their tolerance and happiness. My theory is that this will reduce the burdern on staff, make patients happier and make hospital a more pleasant experience. Ultimately this will be the societal move from antibiotics to Gurubiotics - which is the name of my new programme.

One day I have a dream, to see a waiting room full of patient patients.

Sat Naam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts, you can even remain anonymous if you like :) We do not moderate comments but please always be respectful as a general rule.