Pages

Thursday 19 April 2012

Are You A Hypocrite?

The path to self realisation begins with the thought that 'I am a hypocrite'. Admitting the truth, only then can things change.

I have had many realisations like this, many times, and I hope I continue to throughout my life as it keeps me on my toes and makes me realise that I'm not perfect and still have a lot to learn. It keeps me learning, sometimes very harsh lessons.

Being a personal development coach requires one to always be alert to what is really going on inside. Sometimes I find that I don't follow my own advice and ultimately it leads to my own downfall, and I end up being very harsh to myself about it. 

I usually know the answer but I'm not always willing to follow the answer, trust the answer, live the answer. Change is easy to delay unless there is a pressure to change, and often, there is no pressure from the outside, so it must be created from within.

One of the greatest pressures is the thought of death. I ask myself, "are you really willing to continue being a hypocrite if you were to die tomorrow, is what you're doing worth it?"

This is how I learn. I learn by assessing where I'm being inauthentic in my life. I learn from where I'm preaching but not practising. I learn by remembering death.

So, ask yourself these same very blunt questions if you think you're ready for a transformation in your life:
  • Where are you being a hypocrite in your life?
  • What will it take for you to change?
  • What happens if you were to die tomorrow, is what you're doing worth it?
Sat Naam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts, you can even remain anonymous if you like :) We do not moderate comments but please always be respectful as a general rule.