Pages

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Plea To The Guru

Oh Lord, in this Dark Age of the Kaliyuga, all morality has declined,
And with it I feel the separation from my Source.
I see that people have forgotten their values, their history, their traditions,
I see that people are in doubt about life and the spiritual realms, about the path of the Guru.
I hope that I may be your instrument to bring the pure light back to the world,
I hope that may you give me your grace so I can play my part.
I now see both the hope and the despair of this human race,
Some are in the brightest day and others in the darkest night of the Soul.
I see people have too much jealousy, anger, pride, sexual desire and attachment,
In spite of the luxuries of the modern world, people are not free,
They believe freedom is in rejecting everything and forgetting one's origin,
But rather it is in remembering our great ancestors and teachers, to whom we owe our lives,
Freedom is in realising what you naturally love to do, in building on your strengths and in getting rid of your weaknesses,
Freedom is in singing the praises of the Guru and God, in asking for their blessings,
Freedom is in choosing to sacrifice one's life for another, for defending a principle,
Freedom is in loving the world, sharing, and being its hope and support.
Only I have faults, the Guru is perfect.
By Guru's Grace, I have written this for the future.

Jasdeep Hari Bhajan Singh Khalsa - 30/01/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts, you can even remain anonymous if you like :) We do not moderate comments but please always be respectful as a general rule.